VKB Gladiator joystick project

Forum dedicado a Joysticks, HOTAS, Track-Ir, Freetrack, contrôles e cockpit's tipo "faça você mesmo", etc.
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Re: VKB Gladiator joystick project

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

I guess yes, the "Next Gen" gimbal upgrade.

I see UIV mention this several times in IL-2(ru), that will cost (for Russians) ~150$.
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

Não se sabe para que... ANO: :P
rrohde
Just had a chat with VKB HQ, and they said they're working on an upgrade kit that allows Gladiator (first-gen and Mk.II) owners to upgrade theirs to the Gladiator Pro level, with an all-metal gimbal:

The upgrade kit will contain:

- All metal gimbal with 3-pin connector
- Steel cams (center detent / soft center)
- Metal trigger
- Set of springs
- Assembly Guide

NOTE: there won't be a grip included, but you will be able to choose from available VKB grip designs as they become available, or buy an adapter kit to use a 3rd party grip.

I don't have an ETA or a price just yet, but I'll update this post once I know more.
DHRF

Post by DHRF »

21_Sokol1 wrote:Não se sabe para que... ANO: :P
rrohde
Just had a chat with VKB HQ, and they said they're working on an upgrade kit that allows Gladiator (first-gen and Mk.II) owners to upgrade theirs to the Gladiator Pro level, with an all-metal gimbal:

The upgrade kit will contain:

- All metal gimbal with 3-pin connector
- Steel cams (center detent / soft center)
- Metal trigger
- Set of springs
- Assembly Guide

NOTE: there won't be a grip included, but you will be able to choose from available VKB grip designs as they become available, or buy an adapter kit to use a 3rd party grip.

I don't have an ETA or a price just yet, but I'll update this post once I know more.

the 2015 original plan was that.

in my site All this was based on a full modular upgradeable desing that included gladiator:

VKB provide a unique approach to controllers design based on layers

•Sticks
•Mechanical
•Electronics
•Extensions

From Mechanical upgrades to sticks changes, VKB offer a scalable system that allow you to build your simulator according to your need and your wallet.

•The possibility of upgrades thanks to VKB modular design.

And the news of no upgradeable base model gladiator generated hetated skype duscussion from my part at the time.

I wonder if the new competition (virpil) have something to do whit this.
DHRF

Post by DHRF »

1 idea
eliminate gl pro, offer upgrade to gl but including the base so there is no cuting

the gunfigter desktop module can also acept the gl upgrade parts (cheaper and whit cheap grip)

so you can buy a destop module whit a cheaper internals,
have adecent Gladiator upgrade path,
have 2 models of desktop module
the modular part of the trothle will be nice if can be removed (handles and its internals) so you could put a joy in there, and put the trotlle part in the desktop module
of course there must have a standar for the atachment of those parts, but that standar will be used on seveeral more products in the future.
since the trotle will be modular the remove of the entire handles and internals will leave room for a joybase, also the destop module could atach the ww2 stile or hotas style trotle handles
plus having the entire trotle handles whit its internals modular, could be used on future trotles tha only have a base diferent
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

DHRF wrote:1 idea
eliminate gl pro, offer upgrade to gl but including the base so there is no cuting
Seems that VKB receive Gladitors from Asia Games factory, then cut and install the metal gimbal.
Most of user want a ready to use joystick, not a upgrade kit - and some dumb people dont have skill
for install this, some even damage Warthog grip
installing VKB adapter, thing simple to do, so is not good idea "eliminate gl pro".
the gunfigter desktop module can also acept the gl upgrade parts (cheaper and whit cheap grip)
I guess this Gunfighter desktop will be don't make much success idea, is awkward, expensive (looks ~160$ only the "console").
The good of tghe idea is that is just take a ready to use Gunfighter and place of the console tray, not that "porcupine" Mamba bases.
since the trotle will be modular the remove of the entire handles and internals will leave room for a joybase, also the destop module could atach the ww2 stile or hotas style trotle handles
plus having the entire trotle handles whit its internals modular, could be used on future trotles tha only have a base diferent
Seems VKB drop that "WWII throttle" - the outline drawing was removed from their pages - or move from end of priority listThey are under pressure of Russian simmer, some wanting a "Su/F-18" throttle, some wanting a 6DOF "Kosmosimov" throttle.

Is impossible mix all this demands in a simple throttle:

Imageupload gambar

http://imgur.com/OxUj1HA

Thumb-stick/TDC is useless in WWII sims, this need axis lever - not much useful, but can be used, in "Jets" and "Kosmosimov".
DHRF

Post by DHRF »

I am really againt the upgrade that require cuting......thats why I say provide the parts.( becouse I cant convice to not offer that)
But, this kind of upgrade is for ones that has DIY skill, is not a PnP upgrade.
VKB already produce Gladiator and "Next Gen" gimbal - that mix and sell as Gladiator PRO.
So don't cost nothing for then offer this as upgrade for Gladiator "vanila" - the user define is his able to do this.

Baur successfully sell gimbal upgrade for Defender Cobra M5, that require cut for assembly:

http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 8&start=90

Better has this option than not. Your "Rasputin" :P approach - if successful - will not help Gladiator "vanilla" users, but remove their options. ;)

This kind of gimbal upgrade is more interesting for Russian market, there 20 dollars less count.
This not target Western's, these can buy Gladiator PRO or Gunfighter instead - PnP.
Will lunch a more simple trotthle ww2 , but you can change the handles to modern, and add more modules.
In this case I think is better drop the WW2 throttle idea, a throttle without MULTIPLES AXES LEVER (3 at least) don't help, will be just a kind of X-52 throttle.

Anyway if properly done a WW2 throttle will interest for for some GA sim (FSX, X-Plane) players, used to propeller planes.

In the same way that a "777 throttle" is no useful for military jets or kosmosimov.
DHRF

Post by DHRF »

DONT edit or use my user
DHRF

Post by DHRF »

vkb: simple is a hell of a trotthle.............diferent from all others, but not the moster the ww2 only is.

make gladiator mk3 upgradeable, not this one.
I am all for upgrades but not this way.....to much problem for a product that the more it need is software an game profiles.
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

DHRF wrote:DONT edit or use my user
Accidental, I hit EDITAR instead CITAR - are dawn and I are "slight" drunk. :beer:

Will not happen again... (I hope). :lol:

VKB need stop drawing and make a throttle - even using a shoe box and motorcycle throttle grips, :P VirPil throttle came in "two mounts, be sure"™.
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

Bem, o kit do gimbal "Next Gen" para upgrate do Gladiator "vanilla" para PRO custará 159$ - apesar da campanha contra do DHRF. :lol:

http://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb- ... pgrade-kit

Pensei em comprar este kit e usar em algum "Franken'stick" - sei lá se é viável pois teria que fazer gambiarra para substituir o conector de 3 pinos proprietário... :^)
Mas com a VirPil prometendo a base toda por 130 Euros/138$, melhor para esperar para ver o que vão - e se conseguem -"entregar". ;)
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

VKB's não estão indo nem para Europa, então esperar que cheguem no Brasil só se for depois 2099. :rofl:

O jeito é contratar o serviço de um "primo do Condor" (o do Paraguai, porque o da Argentina ficou só na promessa) para trazer de fora. :P

A base do Gunfighter pode ser comprada sem o grip KG12-A, e mais o adaptador próprio permite usar o grip Wartog@.

Base: http://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb- ... -base-only
Adaptador: http://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb- ... gunfighter
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

That's a good news for "restoftheworld":
VKB(UIV)-We have completed registration for the store Aliekspress. (Aliexpress)
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

E na novela "resolução" a VKB sai com essa: :?:
We had a very significant study which proved that even 10-bit (1024) precision is sufficient for desktop joysticks.
Factory joystick settings were set at 10 bits.
Only one person noticed it. And then, with the help of tools for testing.
This proves that the accuracy of 10 bits (1024) exceed the capacity of a person on a joystick control.
With above 10 bits (1024)- the consequences is marketing stamps and desire to draw more "marks" on the box.
Hail Trastmaster, who as early as the Cougar 8-bit ADC (256) and plastic potentiometers, his test programs drew 16-bit accuracy.
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

For attend you, VKB will make 2 options of Gladiator "vanilla" upgrade: :)
In April.
To simplify the installation of the upgrade we will release two versions.
First, iron mechanics.
Second, iron mechanic + milled body, ready to install mechanics.
In the second embodiment, the installation is very simple.
DHRF

Post by DHRF »

21_Sokol1 wrote:
For attend you, VKB will make 2 options of Gladiator "vanilla" upgrade: :)
In April.
To simplify the installation of the upgrade we will release two versions.
First, iron mechanics.
Second, iron mechanic + milled body, ready to install mechanics.
In the second embodiment, the installation is very simple.

thats real?