IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles = Desenvolvimento

Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters, 1946 e Cliffs of Dover. Dúvidas, dicas, novidades e debates.
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Re: BoS: IL-2 Sturmovik - Battle of Stalingrad, by 1C&777

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

DD IV

http://youtu.be/AdBDE_84l4w
Legendas em inglês. :P

Nada muito relevante no DD - continua IL-2 (quando falam IL-2 pensem em Il-2 2001 com alguns caças apenas - nem tinha bomber, não IL-2 1946 ;) ).
13) In the old IL-2 and CloD we would frequently see players breaking rules server (obscene language in the chat, the attack of taking off planes, the deliberate destruction of the players of his team). Punishment of such players was associated with some problems, IP is dynamic, you can change the user name, etc. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? For example, the binding of the game to a permanent account or to a number of purchase.

Yes, that is how it will be done. Each player has a single account through which it comes into play. If a player breaks the rules or interferes with other players to fly, he will be punished by denying access to the game for a certain period of time. However, the experience of previous projects, such cases are rare.
http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/topic/168 ... #entry7764

SOkol1
28_Condor
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 28_Condor »

S!
12) Would it be going to the server with the settings "full realism" and change the settings only for themselves, including, for example, infinite ammunition, automated engine, markers, immortality? Or all of this settings will be set by the host for all the players the same way?

Server setup, of course, sets the host and they are the same for all players on the server.
Ah bão :^)
quando falam IL-2 pensem em Il-2 2001 com alguns caças apenas - nem tinha bomber, não IL-2 1946 ;)
Pelo menos pelo lado red (a menos qu alguém ponha o Blenheim em Stalingadro :P ), para os blue vai te He111 e Ju88 :envy:

SP!
[b]Eu confio no povo brasileiro. Voto facultativo já no Brasil![/b]
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

DD V (pelo menos no DD esse povo esta mais pontual que o Oleg/Lutier :P )

Loft:

Hello. One more week has passed. We finished two units of ground equipment (2 tanks), and also worked more on the technology. Some of these technologies have been graphics based and some physical. So for example, as we have mentioned in the forums, was extended speed range. More precisely those aspects of physics, which are related to the collision of objects at high speed (1200 km/h). We got a good result, but we have to make more tests in the online. Improved display of system damage of the aircraft, it will become more diverse and will look more realistic. Progress continues with the map, but it's still at the stage of assembly and processing of all information. We have already decided on the lighting and the general perception of how it will look like "that" winter.

Today we publish the second part of the video interview, which focuses on the MiG-3. For me this movie has provided quite a lot of new information and some moments I was frankly surprised. As it turned out, the reality presents many surprises. Look and you'll see what I mean.

http://youtu.be/_wTZjYGyl-4

1) One nice addition for IL-2 1946 made by Daidalus Team is radio navigation with beacons/AM stations, we can expect this in BoS?

No. But it's an interesting idea. Let's talk about this in the future. We'll try to make a step forward in the development of radio communications in comparison with the original "IL-2", to make them more meaningful and add a connection to ground units.
Que merd*! Fui eu que perguntei isso... É muito "fun" para bombers. :(

2) How do you plan on balancing the game. I'm sure you and the Devs have had alot of discussions about this. Didn’t the Germans have quite an advantage in aircraft back then? Thanks.

There will be no forced balance. We build aircraft as they were. Of course, in popular games, built on passion or F2P model, balance is needed. But we're working in a different genre, the value of this genre is just the lack of balance. Will the German planes have an advantage or not – we'll know only after we'll create them. And with such precision and detail which will be recreated for the first time, so I expect surprises.

3) Will be this sim of yours just another joystick twister or you actually want to show to the rest of the world how different Soviet - German war was.

You're just part of the battle. You will control one plane or a group that performs a specific task, which was performed daily on the Eastern Front. The player will be just one of person who involved, not like Bruce Willis who saves the world alone. You take on the lead role for yourself, but on the scale of the operation you are extra.

Imagine a huge movie, which involved thousands of actors, each playing a role. We put the film on pause and suggest you choose the role of one of them in one of the missions of this battle. This is how I see it. But, of course, it will largely remain a game, interesting and exciting, but just outside the cockpit window - you will see a war.

4) Will BoS have Sli/Crossfire support? From a recent poll at 1C forums there were about 30% of the members who use multi card setups.

Yes.

5) The Channel map has been released and looks fantastic. But I read it won't be compatible with IL2. Why not?

Thanks for such a review of our work. In this new project we change many of the modules which are responsible for virtually all aspects of the simulation because we want to make a really modern and quality product. Some technologies are not compatible directly. If it's time to create a "Battle of Britain" in the new series, we'll transfer the most important thing - the experience that we received.

6) I would like to know if admins would be able to limit the amount of fuel, types and quantities of weapons available and types and quantities of certain types of aircraft.

I think yes. We have not yet made this. And it may not be that easy as we and you would like but we'll definitely look forward to. Multiplayer is an area in which we would like to leave space for creativity community. We know and see that there is a very interesting scenario played out and you need freedom of action for these scenarios. We'll try to keep it. Unfortunately, I can not yet give details.

7) What's the plan for pilot's field of view changing? Will it be continuous like in RoF or there will be the stone aged Il2's three steps settings?

This will be made as in ROF. You can move your head slowly and smoothly.

8) Will Battle of Stalingrad include "dumb" static objects (trucks, tanks, aircraft,...) that can be used to form potential targets for bombers and such without taking up as much resources as would a bunch of AI enhanced objects like we have in RoF?

Yes, we want to create scenery that has minimal impact on performance but can make a scene saturated. I understand what you're asking. We'll surely try. I don't know just how many 3D objects and textures we have time to create in this period. But we'll continue to make this after the release.

9) Will there be ground lighting at night in BoS?

Only what was acceptable during the WWII. I think that even in Paris turned off the lights at the Moulin Rouge.

10) How does the complexity of the FM compares to Clod and what sources will be used for the performance data? Factory numbers or test flight data? Or can it be calculated?

Flight model will be much more accurate and harder. We'll use all possible sources of data. We already have a lot of experience in previous projects. The integrated approach allows us to avoid mistakes. For example, after the completion of the aircraft and the calculation of its characteristics, we have clear data to begin to comparisons with the sources. Sometimes situations occurred when we thought that the sources had an error and after checking out the different sources we received confirmation that in the records included mistakes and sometimes blunders. We will try to make the FMs as good as possible, but I'm confident that no matter what we do, disputes over the FM will be your favorite entertainment on the forum.

11) How important is it for you to get close to the historical plane performance values such as level speed, rate of climb, turning rate?

We create the aircraft as accurately as possible with our resources. And as we have stated before “historical” believe it or not can be a subjective term as many factors affect performance and tests.

12) Is there a plan or did you spare a thought about something like this:
"Not only can BoS include modules developed internally by 1CGS, but it can also include those by certified third party developers." thx for answer

This may be possible and both Jason and I we have sort of done this before in ROF. But it's very much dependent from the quality of which we can be produced by these teams. There are many pretenders out there. We can even offer good talent a legitimate income with us if their product will interest the audience, but nothing comes to mind of yet. This is not our initial concern, first we need to make the release product.

13) Over the last few iterations of the IL-2 Series they have been including a 'Black Death' track to show of the highlights of the sim and show game engine under a bit of stress. (It also gave the Dev’s a chance to show off their flying prowess!) Is there any chance of having one included in BoS at release?

I'll remember this offer, thank you. Single benchmark for all it is very comfortable, I understand that.

14) In regards to 3D modeling guidelines for BoS development, what will be the maximum poly count for optimized aircraft models used in the sim? How does this compare with titles like RoF and CloD?

More than RoF and more than CloD. Optimization does not mean a decrease. It means redistribution of load, as well as the need to even think about the little things.

15) But what way or how will the BoS be better that original IL2 (including mod) other than graphical and special effects? as it is stated that "Would like to return to the original IL-2 [1946] idea. (LOFT)"

I don't know. "IL-2" with all the additions and modifications was a great product. It drew attention for more than 10 years. If ever we can approach the same result I'll be very proud. But BoS is not ten years old and we still don't have many talented assistants. So we're at the beginning. Of course, much will be done initially and it will be brighter, better, more detailed than the original "IL-2", as we have more technical capabilities. However, we have a long way to go to achieve the same amount and in some places the quality.

When I said "would like to return to the original "IL-2", I didn't mean graphics or physics, I mean only the perception of the players. We would like to make a project that would be difficult and realistic from the inside, but clean and easy on the outside, which you would want to go back and play over and over. Here is an analogy, my homeland is able to make things such as the AK-47 assault rifle J It’s worse than many advanced weapons systems with a heap of options like Jason’s AR-15, but it has one distinct advantage - reliability. I would call it "friendly" submachine gun for the user. We want new IL-2 series to be the reliable and user friendly sim for WWII pilots that delivers much fun.
Importante o não ao "balanço" - deixa isso para o WT. :P

Sokol1
44_Santo
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 44_Santo »

Esses caras são bons, vamos ver um produto que ficará na História assim como o 1941-1946 ficou. 8)

santo.
Senta a Pua!

Porque há um só Deus, e um só Mediador entre Deus e os homens, Jesus Cristo homem. 1 Timóteo 2:5
Furias
Manicaca
Manicaca

Post by Furias »

S!

Gostei de uma coisa : não existirá "balanceamento" das aeronaves. Coerente já que se pretende criar um simulador histórico de combate.

No online vai ser a eterna choradeira de sempre :rofl:

SP!
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

É, pelo ponto de vista do Loft, os dias de "Mission Makers" estão contatos, inclusive no (futuro) BoS.

Em 4 anos só foram criadas 4 ou 5 campanhas para o RoF - estima-se que menos de 1% dos usuários se aventuraram no ME do RoF.

A já manjada estória, a comunidade envelheceu, não a interesse das novas gerações em WWII, o mundo mudou, bláblábla...
Historically, we never plan editor. Since the end of an era already seen that the creative IL2 fuse disappears. That overall consumption patterns changing hobbies.
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... entry12505

Mas parece que nem o Black Six - construtor "profissional" de missões/campanhas para a série IL-2 - deu conta de criar no ME do RoF.
Então parece que, por pressão dos russos, vão dar uma segunda chance ao tema:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread ... post495814

Pois é, e a "crowd" baixava o cacete no FMB do Oleg... :P

Sokol1
44_Santo
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 44_Santo »

Ué, mas sem um mission maker, como se criariam as missões? :drunk:
Na unha, tipo notepad? :doh:

santo.
Senta a Pua!

Porque há um só Deus, e um só Mediador entre Deus e os homens, Jesus Cristo homem. 1 Timóteo 2:5
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

Compra pronta deles. :P :lol: :rofl:

Sokol1
28_Condor
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 28_Condor »

S!

É, assim vai maaal... :doh:

SP!
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

DD 6
Loft

Hello dear friends. The guys in the office already know that if I sit and smile then the screen has a lot of text and tomorrow will be Friday and I read your questions. A smile is an integral part of these diaries.

February begins, so one month of development of BoS is over. Of course, this is a very short period to draw conclusions, but I think that we have everything that we need to make a very good product. We are moving purposefully and steadfastly towards our goal. Amongst the team there is a mutual understanding, the atmosphere is working and it is safe to say that the team that was formed at 1C Game Studios is off to a very good start.

In this diary we publish the third part of the test pilot interview, which will be dedicated to the I-16 aircraft. Once again there is some interesting information and unique shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Ah8PtBnHO8

And I put in this post the screenshot of Bf-109. This is the first import to the engine, we still have a lot to do with it. As you can see it is already visible in our simulated natural world.

9.jpg

1) What is planned for the sound? Will it be some kind of "average sound" as in "IL-2" or something very similar to the sounds of real prototypes of aircraft?

I already answered similar questions. We make sound serious as it was in our previous projects. The sound is very good and informative.

2) Which layout is planned by developers for different modules: "button or axis" or "button and axis"? This refers, for example, for the flap will only be a button or axis, or both? If you can, please give at least a rough layout (radiators, brakes, superchargers, etc.) to know how many buttons, switches and axis I need.

Now we make a button and the axis. It's too early to talk about the final layout. We still have a verbal battle for it to provide only the necessary options for the average pilot, but professional pilot could adjust to a maximum of possible options. This refers to a decision to create a main interface.

3) Would it be possible to shoot a parachutist? Would it be possible to break the aircraft in a collision with him or roll the parachute on the plane? Or they will be made as ghosts in CloD?

If we ignore the brutality of this question, technically it can be done. I.e. they will not be "transparent" for collisions.

4) Will implemented the change in the psychological state of the pilot (fear, panic, stun, shock) when hit or close the passage of bullets, or at near tears flak, or the death of a comrade in his eyes as in RO2?

This is an interesting topic, but we have no plans to address this issue very seriously. Overload and injury, of course, will be visually displayed and it will have an impact on the gameplay. But we don't want to create complex logical system because it's not very obvious. It's all such features "at once", ie causes a wow effect, and then begins to irritate.

5) Will there be an option as the airdrop of paratroopers? If so, what extent it will be implemented.

No.

6) Another question is about gunners accuracy: in CloD use the gunner position was a lost of time, in RoF we have a free movement of the gun (although moving the mouse seems to me a little uncoordinated). As I enjoy very much to play as a gunner I would see again something near the IL2 approach in this issue. What is planned for BoS?

We don't know yet. We'll consider the mistakes that we made in the ROF and the experience that we got, but of course, it will be make more interesting than it was in the original "IL-2". I would be very grateful if community to share your thoughts about this question in a separate thread. Try to answer the question: "What really made the game interesting in the role of the gunners."

7) Will ram attacks be possible? In the original IL2 series it was possible to chew the tail off an aircraft with your propeller. This was stopped with a patch after complaints from the Dogfight servers regarding deliberate collision once someone was out of ammo. It would be good to see this modeled once again for historical reasons in BoS.

Yes, we work with physics and it will allow you to perform ram attacks more accurately and damage system will react to midair collision more adequately.

8) If possible, please describe what progress has been made in the optimization of the engine DN, in which direction, whereby, etc.? In general terms, please.

This is the big question. Quite a lot of parts affected. Physics, graphics and system of interfaces. Wherever we can, we use our experience to improve. Speaking of technology, it's very difficult to be specific. We need some completely new technology and parachutes and damage in the cockpit. For the map, we would like to apply some new techniques to make the landscape more plausible. Give specific examples too early, because they need to illustrate. There are global issues that we are discussing, such as moving to 64-bit systems and not support 32-bit systems.

9) Whether additional configuration is implemented for the course weapons (in addition to the existing in the "IL-2", RoF)?

We think about it, but it is certainly not a priority.

10) Will there be open hangar or museum in the game menu as in the release version of RoF (and not a museum as it is now)?

This question applies only to graphics. I.e. that we draw in a hangar it will be. These items will be in production much later. But share ideas, what would you like to see, we'll read. Snowy airfield? Parking? Hangar?

11) Tell me how will be implemented view through the gun sight and how will be made an option "cling to the gun sight"? This will be done as in "IL-2" or as in CloD: unfasten straps/fasten straps?

I already answered about the field of view changing, the head moves freely, and you can customize it as you see fit. There will be no actions with straps. The pilot will be fixed in the optimum position.

12) Will there be an adequate fuel system? Pumping, feed tanks, fire hydrants.

Fuel management system will be make correctly and optimally for each aircraft. But the players don't need to manage this system, everything will happen automatically. Of course, the damage will be to make amendments.

13) Will realized oxygen equipment and the need to use it in BoS?

Only if in the form of a graphical features. We'll not let you die if you forgot to press the button. Maybe fatigue loads at high altitudes made ​​stronger.

14) Will realized the "real" time to work systems? For example, the flaps on the Bf-109 can be extend in 30 seconds, while at this time (for example) can not work with the throttle (for example) or you can work with the throttle, but the extend of the flap stop. Will this implementation?

I still will not talk about the exact rules, but in general, yes. The player starts the procedure for some, for example flaps and all systems begin to operate as a working reality, moving some animated knobs, etc. The process itself will take as much time as would occupy in reality. Let's try to be accurate, wherever we can.

15) Will detailed ground equipment (better than the level in BoS) and ships?

Ground equipment will be made well enough for flight simulator. Later I'll show you pictures. But the ships have not got in the Volga due to its size. Carriers don't fit the width, battleships don't fit on the length and the December ice serious obstacle to conduct operations for submarines. But the subs in the ice of the Volga definitely not lower quality than in CloD.
Cacilda, as mesmas perguntas idiotas da decada passada no UbiZOO... |(

"Não pode matar paraquedista..."

E as respostas então, sera que acreditam que alguem queira ver porta-aviões no Volga?

Sokol1
28_Condor
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 28_Condor »

S!
6) Another question is about gunners accuracy: in CloD use the gunner position was a lost of time, in RoF we have a free movement of the gun (although moving the mouse seems to me a little uncoordinated). As I enjoy very much to play as a gunner I would see again something near the IL2 approach in this issue. What is planned for BoS?

We don't know yet. We'll consider the mistakes that we made in the ROF and the experience that we got, but of course, it will be make more interesting than it was in the original "IL-2". I would be very grateful if community to share your thoughts about this question in a separate thread. Try to answer the question: "What really made the game interesting in the role of the gunners."
Essa aí foi minha :)
Como são russos nem perceberam a derrapada no inglês de escrever "lost of time" em vez de "waste of time" :lol:

Mas legal que estejam pensando seriamente nisso a ponto de fazerem um tópico à parte 8)

SP!
28_Condor
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 28_Condor »

S!

Depois de ler um comentário é que reparei: vejam no F4 como o antialiasing funciona muito melhor no engine do RoF :)

SP!
28_Condor
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 28_Condor »

S!

A minha pergunta rendeu rápido:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/topic/481 ... e-gunners/

SP!
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

Entre não mostrar a "suástica" e estas maluquices do B6, melhor não mostrar...

http://forum.il2sturmovik.su/index.php? ... ach_id=749

Sokol1
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

DD 7

"Tá olhando o que? O modelito é autoria do Bodoque." :P

Modelo: http://www.undread.narod.ru/uniform/CCCP/image004.jpg
And I want to show you a model of the pilot.
This guy will suffer for all your mistakes and flying experiments.
Don't give him name or you cannot easily watch when he falls in flames to the ground, knowing exactly that you condemned.
Good afternoon.

Everything is going according to plan, which pleases me as a producer. If the producer is happy with the results then this is a good sign for those who are waiting for the project. Literally every day, something changes and there are new elements and results. Now is a very active phase of our work which will last probably a month or so. After that, we will configure specific parts and begin to move to the alpha version.

Today we show another part of video interviews. (We want apologize. English subtitles are not yet ready. Too much specific technical, piloting words and senses. We plan to finish to translate video ASAP)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJdKUr41 ... r_embedded

1) Who will make the sound, I hope Valery Kornilov?

Yes. Together we are planning a lot to get done.

2) How will be modeled the system of radio communications and control the AI? Will it be done as in "IL-2" or it will be something new?

This will be done as in other aspects of the game. We rely on the "IL-2" as the necessary minimum, but almost everywhere trying to add some new elements. This is evolutionary movement. Radio commands to the AI ​​will be duplicated voice and AI itself will report some information. For atmospheric we'll add voices for the front ground gun players who will communicate with you, while your group will reach the target. Airfield services also become more sociable. Of course, details and examples will be in the future.

3) How much attention will be spare to music in the future game?

Attention will be spared to the music for the first time. We're working on a unique track specifically for BoS, but I'm not ready to tell you the name of the composer or any details. We're planning to make the design consisting of video tapes and they will talk about the different stages of the battle. In general, everything will be at a high level, and I hope this will be interesting. We entrust the job to professionals and all will be done qualitatively accurate regardless of whether it aligns with your personal taste.

4) Will there be support for external devices? Will these devices to work in online? In ROF this is not enough.

I don't know. Technically, it is achievable, but we'll start to talk about these things with you only after the alpha release, when it will be clear how much time and resources we have left and how much we can give to such features.

5) Will support vibrating cushion in the new game?

We won’t do any special coding to support it, but if it works with existing sound output then that is cool.

6) Can we have the chance to see BoS, modeling the pilot out of the cockpit that he ejected?

Yes. More details will be in the future.

7) For lovers of aerobatic aircraft were added pylons in the latest patch for CloD. Can we expect something similar in the BoS (map for racing / flags / pylons / visual platform etc.)?

Only if you make it yourself. We'll give you all the necessary tools and information.

8) Will fix a situation where the wreckage of the planes on the ground disappear over time in RoF?

Write letters to Intel, NVidia and other manufacturers of computer accessories, demand lower prices for their products. We cannot afford to store as much data without sacrificing performance. But I don't know what exactly will be the lifetime of the wreckage, the tests have not been run.

9) How the image will look like in the new game, as in CloD, RoF or in old "IL-2"? Also, there is the question about the effects. Effects are quite adequate and they look realistic in CloD, will we not see the cartoons as in War Thunder?

Regardless of what I write, you will still expect something different. It will not be like anything of the above, it would be something new. Cartoons, of course, will not, we're boring naturalists. But it will not be boring.

10) Please tell me have you a contract with 1C only for this project or you have agreement for a long-term relationship?

(Albert) This will depend on how well we'll make our work. I think that 1C will find a way to keep us if we're really good developers.

(Jason) We have a long-term partnership with 1C as we have announced. It is more complex than just a publisher – developer relationship, but we are not going to go into details. If this product is successful there will be much more content and products coming.

11) Stated that the development of the game has a limited budget, which will last until the beginning of 2014. Have you thought about the Kickstarter as possible to increase the budget? You refused it or remember about this opportunity?

(Albert) We remember about this. But we have our own idea of ​​how to use this site. I personally don't want to take the money just for the promise to do something. "The promise does not mean that the act will be committed" as we say in Russia.

(Jason) As we have shown the past 3 years, we are always looking for new ways to ensure that this genre does not die, but we do not take promises we make to the community lightly. Using crowdsourcing options is not something we would do flippantly. However, as the market continues to change and demands of the community evolve we will seriously consider all options available.

12) If Albert is a general producer of the projects RoF, CloD, BoS and even the original "IL-2" now, then will results of work with AI of DT be used in the BoS​​?

I've already checked. My position in the company does not have any effect on the game code. I took the hard drive with code written for example in Java, and swore at it and demanded, threatened with dismissal and motivated him and even offered money. Unfortunately, Java has not turned into a C++.

13) Will organized full-fledged bug-tracker for users and beta testers?

We have our own methods of working with testers. And they are very effective.

14) Will I be able to land safely a real plane after flying in the new simulator?

I don't know. And I ask you, if you decide to try then do it in deserted places. This was the best question in this series so far :)

Estas perguntas são basicamente da comunidade russa. (Numa semana responde aos russos, na outra aos "exilados do Banana's"). :P

Sokol1