DCS WWII:Europe 1944

Rise of Flight, SFX, Flight Simulator Series, Lock On, Strike Fighters, EAW, Warbirds & Cia.
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Re: DCS WWII:Europe 1944

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

LuisF wrote:É, as coisas estão ficando boas. :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p ... ost2165343

O F-18C ainda tem um "long way to tipperary" pelo jeito. :P
E vai errolar (mais) o DCS-WWII: Europe 1944:
"The other major element of DCS World War II: Europe 1944 is of course the new Normandy map. The team is currently working on a new combat theater map to support DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, but once complete, will be returning to this map. At that time, we should be able to start sharing images of the new era map, complete with period ground units."
Sokol1
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

calinho

Post by calinho »

Esse P-47 vai sair stand alone?
28_Condor
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 28_Condor »

S!

Opa, com esse P-47 eu reabro as portas de Água Dulce! 8) 8) 8)

SP!
[b]Eu confio no povo brasileiro. Voto facultativo já no Brasil![/b]
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

calinho wrote:Esse P-47 vai sair stand alone?
Sim, por módicos 49,99$. :lol:
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

Com o mimimi sobre "octanas, WEP, Turbo" no ED-WWII, um sujeito postou lá estes textos, postados originalmente no RCGroups sobre um novo modelo escala elétrico do P-47, que uns querem que voe em "escala" igual Warbirds de Airshow, outros que tenha "Unlimited Vertical Performance".
Take the Jug, for example. None of the Jugs that are still flying today even have an intact WEP system. Many of them don't even have a functioning turbocharger anymore. In combat, it was not uncommon for crew-chiefs of late-model Jugs with the paddle-blade prop to crank the turbos up to a staggering 60 pounds of boost at WEP. That's 3,800 HP. At 3,800 HP, a Jug could hit 500 MPH TAS in level flight without even breathing hard. Using the compressibility flaps to pull out of a near-transonic dive, it could zoom-climb nearly straight up for ~20,000 feet!

The last time I saw a Jug make a real balls-to-the-wall pass at full WEP with the turbo screaming like a banshee was back in the 1980s. It came in from a high-speed dive & pulled out at nearly 550 MPH down-on-the-deck. It streaked by, with the insane screech of a turbocharger the size of a coffee-table spooled-up to 20,000+ RPM following hundreds of feet behind. The turbo sounded just like a jet engine, and was nearly as loud! The prop literally tore the air apart with a metallic ripping sound as it went supersonic at the tips, with the unmuffled R-2800 @ war-emergency-power bellowing so loudly that it shook me right to the core. The shock-waves from the prop-blades combined with the R-2800's open exhaust literally pounded my chest - similar to how a Top Fuel dragster pounds your chest during a run (albeit not quite to that extent).
Sure, the Jug has always been my favorite. After all, my dad flew 'em in combat. But when I heard every single pilot at the reunion say that the Jug is the reason they made it home, I had much more reason to be in awe of the plane & those who designed it. My dad's FG flew exclusively CAS in Brenner Pass, which was known as flak alley because the stuff came up at you, down at you, and also in at you from the sides. They pulled so many Gs coming out of their power-dives with the compressibility flaps that they routinely blacked-out for a few seconds. See the pic below for an example of the terrain over which they flew every day. The life-expectancy of pilots who weren't flying Jugs was measured in weeks. To a man, they all believed that they would not have made it home if they would've been flying any other fighter.

Some of 'em also flew air-to-air combat with other fighter-groups before they were assigned to the 350th FG. Most of those guys had also flown P-51s and/or P-38s, and a few had even flown Spitfires. Again - to a man, every one of them said that if they had to do it again, they'd rather fly the Jug in air-to-air combat than any other fighter.

And they weren't just being sentimental, either. They all said the same thing: Without question, they'd take the Jug's superior firepower, unmatched ruggedness, and superior speed over the tighter turn radius of the P-51, Spitfire, and other more nimble fighters because they could compensate for the Jug's poorer turn-fight performance with tactics. They told me that no amount of tactics could compensate for a lack of ruggedness or firepower. They learned energy-management techniques which allowed them to gain an advantage over anything the Luftwaffe could throw at them. With the paddle-blade prop, they could easily out-climb the Bf 109s & FW 190s. They could also out-turn the German fighters above 18,000 feet. And they knew that they could always break off the fight by hitting WEP & dropping the nose. Absolutely nothing in the war could catch a Jug in a power-dive. Not even an Me 262. And that's without cranking-up the boost. When the crew-chiefs cranked up the boost, the plane became all but invincible in the hands of a skilled pilot. They said the same thing that my dad had told me when was a little kid - hitting the water-injection & pushing the throttle past the stop to full war-emergency-power shoved them into the seat so hard that they felt like they'd been kicked in the ass by a freight-train.
P-47 pilots combat report.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/ ... ports.html
40_Griffon
Ala
Ala

Post by 40_Griffon »

near-transonic dive
Que máquina!!! O único relato que eu tinha lido de Warbirds que podiam chegar nestas performances foi a de um piloto da RAF que morava no Brasil (não é o Clostermann) e voou o Hawker Tempest e o bicho conseguia também tal façanha durante os mergulhos só que não parecia sair tão fácil desta situação.

Será que o Thunderbolt quando sair será o novo chororo como foi e ainda é o 109K4? :lol: Agora provavelmente a galera deve estar reclamando depois do patch que saiu essa semana dos controles dele que estão travando durante os mergulhos (característica desde o velho IL-2). Pelo menos as asas dele agora parecem estar mais resistentes e não estão quebrando quando você chega aos 470km/h com ele. :P
28_Condor
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 28_Condor »

S!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXKHLIkPeyA[/video]

É por histórias como estas que os caras escolhiam o jug... para saírem vivos da guerra :!:

SP!
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

MK.V/IX ;)

BTW - O terreno é do Render3D, não do DCS Wold(2.0). :P
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

O Spit Mk.IX "Frankenstein" nem ficou pronto e já começaram a "chart war's". :P

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=150423
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

Of course, tem "Lubber Line" na P-8. :P :rofl:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/e ... shots/572/
28_Condor
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 28_Condor »

S!

Do último news letter:
Our goals for DCS World War II remain unchanged and are still focused on a stable of WWII aircraft in addition to a 1944 map of Northern France with period ground units. We hope to finish the Spitfire IX in mid-2016 followed by the P-47D at the end of the year. We will also continue to fine-tune the P-51D, Fw 190 and Bf 109.
The third map being worked on is the 1944 Northern France Map. We see this period map as a cornerstone element to create an immersive World War II air combat experience.
Como não estão mais falando em mapa "da Normandia", me parece mais promissor com um mapa 44-45, se incluir parte aí dos países baixos o suficiente para uma "Bodenplate" :geek:

SP!
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

Bem, pelo menos um Spitfire "inteiro". :P

Normadia é outra bobagem" do mundo dos "sim's* - o anta do Luthier inventou esse mapa por causa do "Murica win the war there", como isca para o desastrado kickstarter.

* Modelar a Normadia seira trabalhoso e tão inútil como foi o Pearl Harbour no '46 ou seria modelar Moscou no BoM.
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

Nem liberaram o Spit Mk IV e o chororo da "char wars" já começou: :P

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=163126
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

Spitfire Mk IX "Alpha/Beta" no (ethernal WiP) Normandy map.

Pista SMT