il-2'46 - Onwards to Stalingrad.

Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters, 1946 e Cliffs of Dover. Dúvidas, dicas, novidades e debates.
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

il-2'46 - Onwards to Stalingrad.

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

Cadê o The Saint - o il-2'46 Last Mohican - depois que o BoS derrotou o PC "Positivo Casas Bahia" dele, ficou triste e sumiu... :P
I have been working on this campaign on and off more more than six months, but now it's finally finished!

In this 45-mission static campaign you try the role of a Luftwaffe fighter pilot on the Eastern Front during the period of May 1942 to January 1943. As we all know this was probably the most pivotal phase of WW2. It starts with the failed Red Army offensive against Kharkov, followed by Fall Blau, the big German summer offensive in the southern Ukraine, followed by the climax: the epic Battle for Stalingrad, from August that year until the fateful collapse of the surrounded 6th Army in early 1943.

Most missions are based on real events in some way, and the action on the ground, dates, daily front lines moving etc, follows history closely.

You will be flying the Messerschmitt Bf 109G2. Except in one mission you will fly the Fieseler Fi-156 "Storch" (to pick up the commander of Luftflotte 4, Generaloberst Wolfram von Richthofen), plus the final one, when Pitomnik is about to overrun and you will try and get out of the doomed "Kessel" manning a Heinkel He 111.

You can download it here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php? ... ls&id=2250

REQUIREMENTS: This version of the campaign has been built in HSFX 7. I've heard that it can work in C.U.P., but that you will have to remove the underscore and ru (_ru) in order to see the briefings. (If I can get a confirmation of this, I can quickly fix a C.U.P.-version and post it together with the original version.)

One of the main reasons for building this is that I wanted to make a campaign using two of the very best WW2 East Front maps there is: the East Ukraine/Donbass map by Okevnas, and the repaint of the stock Stalingrad map by Cyberolas! I STRONGLY advise that you Cyberolas version. It makes all the difference in the world, immersion-wise. More on his GREAT rework here: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/t ... 678.0.html (There is however some kind of incompatibility between these two maps, at least in HSFX 7.3: if you have Cyberolas Stalingrad activated any progress you make on the part of the campaign that takes place on the East Ukraine/Donbass map will not be saved. So what you MUST do is then quite simply to have Cyberolas Stalingrad unactivated, or even unistalled, during that first phase, while you are on the Donbass/East Ukraina. You will see a reminder when it is time to switch to the Stalingrad map in the briefing.)

Included are 49 skins, made by the following talented skinners: VP_media (lots!), DS, Shooter, csThor, Hayate, Mangas, Emel, PGP, skulli_thor, skin-Hound, REDsWINGer, Phil K, Goodwood, Leadspitter, BBop, Repetier_71, Canon_UK, Borstl_71 and Winger69.

Thanks for looking! :)